The Egyptian Gazette published on the 31 of August 2008 an important report about the suicide Rate in Egypt. The official newspaper showed according to studies that there is a rise in the youth Suicide rate in Egypt.
- In 2007 ,more than 4,000 Egyptians had committed suicide.
- 50,000 Egyptians got serious injuries from trying to commit suicide but failed.
- According to the police reports the old maids , unemployed graduates under the age of 25 are the top categories. “Old maids who can’t find new jobs because their strength are not like before and got no pensions and young unemployed who are mostly frustrated because of economic reasons”
- The main factors that caused them to commit suicide are economic,family and social problems. “Economy is a the major problem here”
- The main methods used : hanging,poisoning and shooting.
I must mention that both Islam and Christianity “Orthodox church” refuse suicide deaths